Wednesday, August 29, 2012

River


Right now I'm doing all of the recollection by memory, and I'm looking for the journals I kept with hr progress.

It went into the following columns

1. Name behavior "Sniff."

2. Reward any sniffing anywhere, gradually raising criteria on 12-14 week old pup until she focused on sniffing me.

3. Renaming the behavior when people abused the command to watch her sniff everywhere. Transferring of cue from Sniff to Check.

4. Resist urge to beat up annoying coworkers for ruining a great command!

5. Realize I should start keeping an actual training journal with behavior worked on, time started/stopped, latecy between known command and performance, what, if any scenting was done, which set (sweat, perfume, blank) the age of the ball (known by 1, 2,3,4,5) and so on.

And any notes on new behaviors, games, or destressers we used during the session, which treats, the quantity and roughly how often and generously she was rewarded for small and giant leaps in understanding.

It's all written somewhere in my lousy shorthand. I'll find, then continue!